Innocence of it all

I was asked this a few days back, “So, what do you do for a living?” Run my own business, I quipped. Made me wonder, ‘How right is it for me to call myself a business man?’. Our society associates the word with successful men with imported chauffeur driven vehicles, swanky bungalows and carats of gold on them, not ‘chokras’ who have got together for the sole purpose of contributing something to society (not that we plan to donate all that we earn). Somehow, in our country men who fill their pockets garner more respect than anyone else.

So I promised myself that I will not call myself a businessman till I prove a point. There are people who have other ideas than just to earn a quick buck. There are those of us who have come together for a purpose, a purpose to make a mark in the industry.

When I started off on this journey, I brought with me this rare excitement, enthusiasm and an undying spirit to achieve my goals. But like everybody who set out to achieve something I will have to recourse the ship often. Would the innocence of wanting to do still survive? How about this for a thought? People set out with an innocence that is lost in the journey to achieve its goal.

Come to think of it the sheer glint in the eyes of a somebody who believes in himself and his dreams is proof enough of his resolve. Enter the gory details of execution and turning the dream into reality and it’s all a different ball game! As I see it, it’s a complete mismatch; you need dreamers to contribute to society but society needs realists to make it happen. Realists don’t dream big and hence, an idea’s potential rarely gets fulfilled.

I’m a dreamer, and hope to remain one. Looking at the world inside-out, THIS feels like home!

Comments

  1. True... You need dreamers to make a big and path breaking difference in the society... Much beyond what a realist might think and do... But, on a second thought, can't there be evolving realists? One who might think upto a certain level, execute it, and then build on that, like say, a dreamer... I feel that is whats required as of now in any sphere of activity...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe man can concentrate on only one aspect of a function. So for me he's either a dreamer or a realist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lingering Uncertainty